Car window tinting is the process of applying a thin, transparent tint film on the car’s windshield or side car windows. This transparent film keeps the car cool by blocking up to 99% of UV rays. Aside from these, window tints provide extra security and privacy to the car owners and give the car itself a new look and style.
Window tints are a good investment for your car’s longevity and even for your safety in the long run. However, whether your tints are cheap or high-quality ones, it will eventually wear off. Removing or replacing your tint film is a must to avoid major accidents, and this costs a lot.
The window tinting prices in Columbus, GA, vary from the quality and lifespan of window tints you want. If you like a tint film that lasts for one to two years on average, you can avail it for a cheap price. But if you have enough budget, you can have tints that last up to a decade. The good thing is if you decided to delay your tint film replacement, you can do it yourself.
Here’s what you need for window tint removal.
- razor blade
- dishwashing soap
- soft cloth
- spray bottle
- glass cleaner
When you are all set, just follow these steps.
- Using the razor blade, make a small incision on the edge of the film. You will not scratch your windows or windshields when you avoid cutting too deeply.
- Starting from the corner, gently peel off the window tint. Doing this process slowly will ensure removing all the tints in one piece. Use the razor blade in case it does not peel off entirely.
- Make a soapy solution by mixing the dishwashing liquid and the water on a spray bottle. Once done, start spraying the parts exposed to adhesive.
- Afterwards, let it sit and soak first to soften it up. This will make the next process much easier.
- Start scraping the tint films but ensure that the glass is wet enough to avoid unwanted scratches on your windows or windshields. When it gets dry, use the solution to moist it up. Repeat this process until the tint residue is entirely peeled off.
- Finally, clean the window using the glass cleaner or the soapy mixture. Never use an ammonia-based cleaner or abrasive cleaning products to avoid scratches.
With these simple processes, you can now prepare your window for a new coat of film. If you are not confident to do these steps on your own, you can count on an auto window tinting Fort Mill SC company for smooth and perfect tint removal.